I’m not active on many Stack Exchange sites, but on the ones I am, the general chat room usually has a creative name:
Both names are something one would immediately associate with the respective subject. And what do we have? ‘German Language Chat’. How boring!
So let’s think of new names for our chat room. I have added one below, feel free to add more!
The majority seems in favour of a new name, but right now, there are two equally scoring contenders for that position. To find a decision, this question will be featured for another three days (29.08.2015, 18:30 CEST) and all answers will be edited to unlock existing votes. The winner will then be determined by the following criteria:
- highest score,
- least number of downvotes,
- latest posting date of the answer.
All answers are eligible, not only those that have the lead right now – you may even propose new suggestions.
The ballot has ended. The winner is deutschsprachiger Raum with a score of 4 (+7 | −3), by tie-breaker posting date (Jul 1st, 2015 at 14:43).
The other answers:
- Auerbach's Keller, score 4 (+7 | −3), posted Jun 16th, 2015 at 22:07
- Auf gut Deutsch, score 3 (+7 | −4)
- Stammtisch, score 3 (+7 | −4)
- Kaffeehaus, score 2 (+5 | −3)
- Auslautverhärtung, score −3 (+4 | −7)