Spam is dealt with system-wide
For our system-wide spam protection system to work properly it is needed that:
Please also do not downvote spam because that will remove it from the front page and makes it harder to spot for other users to cast their additional spam flags needed for quick post deletion.
I have doubts on a post
In case you have doubts whether a post is spam or meant in good intention it is always a good idea to ask your fellow users in chat. You may also flag in case you think it is spam to let others approve this flag but please don't vote until the situation was cleared.
These are common indicators of spam:
- Spammers will praise a service beyond common sense.
- Spammers only advertise a single service.
- They will always drop a link in their post.
- Spam posts are usually only marginally related to a question, and will in the very most cases not attempt to answer it.
- Be careful: visiting a known spammer's rotten site is not a good idea, as this will cause traffic to their site, and you may risk to get exposed to malware.