My (American) parents aren't German, but they put me in the care of a German-American governess when I was young. Was ist der Unterschied zwischen Gouvernante und Kindermädchen?
I am the author of "A Modern Approach to Graham and Dodd Investing," a book about a "German" way of investing. Ben "Graham" was a German-American whose original surname was Grossbaum. How does one refer to a changed name in German?
New York, New York
Member for 8 years, 11 months
28 profile views
Last seen Jan 14 at 17:35
- History 93.1k 93.1k 1313 gold badges209209 silver badges455455 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 18.4k 18.4k 55 gold badges4545 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- German Language 11.8k 11.8k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Chess 11.2k 11.2k 2626 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10.6k 10.6k 44 gold badges2626 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 97 Were there women who were against giving women the right to vote?
- 80 Is it true that there are more slaves in the world now than ever at one point in history?
- 73 Why China was able to unify and not Europe?
- 61 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 56 Why did Peter the Great name Saint Petersburg, Russia with a foreign styled name?
- 52 Is it ethical for a PI to tell university to pay out intern's salary for an extra month after internship ends, and keep the money?
- 51 Is the USA a superpower today because of WW2?
- View more network posts →