My (American) parents aren't German, but they put me in the care of a German-American governess when I was young. Was ist der Unterschied zwischen Gouvernante und Kindermädchen?
I am the author of "A Modern Approach to Graham and Dodd Investing," a book about a "German" way of investing. Ben "Graham" was a German-American whose original surname was Grossbaum. How does one refer to a changed name in German?
New York, New York
Member for 9 years, 9 months
30 profile views
Last seen Nov 24 '20 at 1:32
- History 98.4k 98.4k 1616 gold badges227227 silver badges481481 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 20k 20k 66 gold badges5252 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- German Language 12.1k 12.1k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Chess 11.9k 11.9k 2727 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10.8k 10.8k 44 gold badges2727 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 100 Were there women who were against giving women the right to vote?
- 81 Is it true that there are more slaves in the world now than ever at one point in history?
- 75 Why China was able to unify and not Europe?
- 63 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 56 Why did Peter the Great name Saint Petersburg, Russia with a foreign styled name?
- 52 Is it ethical for a PI to tell university to pay out intern's salary for an extra month after internship ends, and keep the money?
- 52 Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- View more network posts →