My (American) parents aren't German, but they put me in the care of a German-American governess when I was young. Was ist der Unterschied zwischen Gouvernante und Kindermädchen?
I am the author of "A Modern Approach to Graham and Dodd Investing," a book about a "German" way of investing. Ben "Graham" was a German-American whose original surname was Grossbaum. How does one refer to a changed name in German?
New York, New York
Member for 8 years, 7 months
28 profile views
Last seen Jan 14 at 17:35
- History 88k 88k 1212 gold badges201201 silver badges433433 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 18.1k 18.1k 55 gold badges4343 silver badges129129 bronze badges
- German Language 11.7k 11.7k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Chess 10.9k 10.9k 2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10.5k 10.5k 44 gold badges2626 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 97 Were there women who were against giving women the right to vote?
- 80 Is it true that there are more slaves in the world now than ever at one point in history?
- 75 Why China was able to unify and not Europe?
- 60 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 52 Is it ethical for a PI to tell university to pay out intern's salary for an extra month after internship ends, and keep the money?
- 51 Is the USA a superpower today because of WW2?
- 51 Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- View more network posts →