Men, be kind to your fellow-men; this is your first duty, kind to every age and station, kind to all that is not foreign to humanity. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?
Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile
Everyone superior in one thing. In civilized circumstances, everyone feels superior to everyone else in at least one way; this is the basis of the general goodwill, inasmuch as everyone is someone who, under certain conditions, can be of help, and need therefore feel no shame in allowing himself to be helped.
Friedrich Nietzsche: Human, All Too Human (1878) Section IX, Man Alone with Himself | aphorism 509
Member for 2 years
16 profile views
Last seen Dec 8 '20 at 8:36
Top network posts
- 16 “that” for emphasis
- 14 Why is this negated with nicht and not kein?
- 13 Why is “deshalb” used on this sign?
- 12 The use of "-en" in a specific phrase
- 12 Is it okay to have an email address called "SS"?
- 10 Is 'Th.' in a name the short form of Theodor?
- 9 "Am Freitag und Sonntag die ganzen Tagen Zeit haben" versus "am Freitag und Samstag Zeit haben"
- View more network posts →