Native language: English (American)
German language history: After a few weak attempts at learning German over the years, I finally decided to get more serious and started taking the Duolingo German course in Spring 2020. This was ultimately somewhat disappointing because Duo restructured their curriculum while I was about half-way through. The result was I found myself repeating a lot material that I had already covered. By that time I felt I was able continue on my own, so I left Duo behind and am now following my own self-styled study program, a big part of which is this site.
Dictionaries -- English and German Wiktionary, DWDS. Redensarten-Index, dict.cc for idioms.
Grammar -- Bruce Duncan "A review of German Grammar", LEO, Grammis Translations -- Google Translate, DeepL Other -- DW (of course), Stardew Valley (language setting on German), Netflix, YouTube,
Top network posts
- 27 Is the word "Unterlagen" masculine or feminine?
- 17 What is the difference between "kaufen", "holen" and "nehmen" when we mean to buy?
- 16 How bad does it sound in German *not* to separate separable verbs?
- 9 "Wir brauchen sie noch" vs "Die brauchen wir noch"
- 8 Hardy's approximation for the cosine
- 8 Does die See have a plural?
- 8 Please explain the origin of "mitgehen lassen"
- View more network posts →